Drop in to Wilberforce House for your personal Tech help. For one to one or small group sessions.
Call 01904 760037
We welcome you to our technology Drop In Sessions. If you or a friend or family member a have a visual impairment and may need help or advice for using technology then visit us during a session.
Sessions are the First & Third Tuesday, anytime between 10:30am – 2:00pm and you don’t need any technology experience at all.
When & Where
The dates are every first and third Tuesday of the month at the Wilberforce Trust, North Moor Road, Huntington, YO32 9QN
Just drop in between 10:30 and 2:00pm, you don’t need to have a device, or to have any experience with technology.
We have devices here you can try to see if they will suit your lifestyle.
Or, if you already have a device, you may want some help setting it up so it works better for you. You may have been given a device from a family member and are unsure about the features or uses for it.
This is an informal, comfortable environment where you can drop in and get some advice and help.
Some things the sessions can be used for are:
- try a phone, smart phone or tablet
- get advice on purchasing a device to suit you
- help using a phone or computer you may already have
- learn about accessibility settings
- troubleshoot your device – something not working and you’re not too sure why?
- friendly atmosphere for all, sit with us, have a coffee and learn about what a smartphone or tablet can do for you
- learn how to send email with your iPad
- contact friends and family
- print off guides
- any questions!
You don’t need to phone ahead and can just turn up, but if you are intending to come it would be great to let us know. Phone (01904) 760037 to register your interest, or speak with Christine for specific technology queries.
Apple, Microsoft, Tablets, Laptops, Desktops, Smartphones
Free Drop-in Sessions (donations appreciated)
Free 1-2-1 service (donations appreciated), by appointment Mondays and Wednesdays.
To make a donation to help us keep this service for free please visit: Local Giving