Please come to our Tech Drop In Sessions. If you have a visual impairment or a friend or family member who may need help then visit a session.
Sessions are the First & Third Tuesday, anytime between 10:30am – 2:30pm and you don’t need any technology experience at all.
When & Where
The dates are 18th October, 1st & 15th November, and 06th December 2016 at the Wilberforce Trust, North Moor Road, Huntington, YO32 9QN
Just drop in between 10:30 and 2:30, you don’t need to have a device, or to have any experience with technology. We have devices here you can try to see if they will suit your lifestyle. Or, if you already have a device, you may want some help setting it up so it works better for you. You may have been given a device from a family member and are unsure about the features or uses for it.
This is an informal, comfortable environment where you can drop in and get some advice and help.
Some things the sessions can be used for are:
- try a phone, smart phone or tablet
- get advice on purchasing a device to suit you
- help using a phone or computer you may already have
- learn about accessibility settings
- troubleshoot your device – something not working and you’re not too sure why?
- friendly atmosphere for all, sit with us, have a coffee and learn about what a smartphone or tablet can do for you
- learn how to send email with your iPad
- contact friends and family
- print off guides
- any questions!
You don’t need to phone ahead and can just turn up, but if you are intending to come it would be great to let us know. Phone (01904) 760037 to register your interest, or speak with Christine for specific technology queries.